OK, a misleading title perhaps.
And here on Dyson Medic, it isn’t often we write about something that isn’t a Dyson.
But a vacuum cleaner that is rather like a Dyson for just £125 new…..
Sounds cheap doesn’t it?
What if I told you it was really a Hoover? But really it isn’t, because “Hoover” isn’t printed on the box.
Are you confused yet? Not for long….
Well, it isn’t *really* a Hoover they would have us believe.
This is a brand new cyclonic upright vacuum cleaner.
It has HEPA filtration and comes with washable filters – similar to a Dyson (it even comes with a spare filter).
It is cyclonic and bagless – similar to a Dyson.
It has a motor-driven brushroll – similar to a Dyson Ball.
It can be manoeuvred using the wrist – similar to a Dyson Ball.
It bears an uncanny likeness to the Hoover Heritage 5110 that isn’t sold in the UK.
We can’t tell you that this is a Hoover machine because it doesn’t have a Hoover badge on and it doesn’t come in a Hoover box. In fact it comes in a box with no branding whatsoever on it.
What we can tell you is that a machine remarkably similar (!) to this one is sold by Hoover in Australia and New Zealand for $300 (About £200) – take a look for yourself at this link to a major Australian retailer: Hoover Heritage 5110 (opens in a new window).
These machines are made by the original manufacturer for the UK market, with a proper moulded UK plug, etc.
Here are the specifications:
- High quality build and design.
- Adaptable and flexible hose for edge and above floor cleaning.
- Strong chromed telescopic handle.
- Twin motor provides powerful suction.
- Hose extends from 1 to 4 metres.
- Lightweight: 5.9kg (lighter than a Dyson DC40).
- Multi swivel base for good all direction cleaning (similar to a Dyson Ball).
- Easy one click dust bin removal for dirt disposal.
- HEPA filter.
- 1200w/240volt latest technology suction motor plus brush drive motor.
- 7.5 metre power cord (over 24 feet).
- 2 in 1 cleaning tool.
- Spare washable filter included
These weigh 5.9 kilos (13lbs). A Dyson DC40 weighs 6.4 kilos. A Dyson DC40 Animal costs an eye watering £389.99 at the time of writing – these cost just £125!
These machines are really simple to assemble. Just click the body onto the cleaner head, and click the handle into the body. And that’s it. Less than a minute!
If you want to see more photos and details on these, you can do so by clicking this link: >>Click here to see the deal<<.
Are you an Australian or a New Zealander with a Hoover 5110 Heritage? Use the comments box below to tell us what you think of it.